Website Usage Tracking – Log Files
Like many other Web sites, pontikis.net makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to pontikis.net and other sites on the Internet.
pontikis.net has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
Blog Comment Policy
Comments are welcomed and encouraged on this site, through Facebook. Comments are free. There are some instances where comments will be edited or deleted as follows:
- Comments deemed to be spam or questionable spam will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
- Comments including profanity will be deleted.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive will be deleted.
- Comments that attack a person individually will be deleted.
- The owner of this blog reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this blog without notice. This comment policy is subject to change at anytime.
GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation)
pontikis.net takes your personal data seriously and is taking all of the necessary actions to be compliant with GDPR. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a legal framework that sets guidelines for the collection and processing of personal information of individuals within the European Union (EU), which comes into effect on May 25, 2018.
pontikis.net uses WordPress to store blog content and author accounts. Each author can export or delete all their data at any time using their profile page. We use Google Adsense to display ads, MailChimp for newsletters, and Facebook comments. All these services are GDPR compliant. Check out here for Adsense, here for MailChimp and here for Facebook.